Thursday, May 2, 2013

Haunted Houses



The first haunted house I was a part of was at Science Camp in sixth grade.  Our camp dates fell over the venerated Halloween holiday, but sixth grade Science Camp only comes once.  The counselors, in their infinite wisdom, or maybe just their love of Halloween too, set up a Haunted House.  
     I can't remember now how I was able to take part in the Haunt, it's been that many years, but boy was I excited.  Black plastic lined hallways with things hiding in the dark ready to scare every 12 year-old girl into shrieks of terror.  And I got the distinct pleasure and privilege of inflicting such torment by reaching out from underneath a table and grabbing unsuspecting ankles.  I loved it!  My first taste of Haunt and I was addicted!  
     Nowadays, haunting is a commercial enterprise, with untold numbers of professional haunts available every year.  But, there are some of us who still love yard haunts over the nightmarish terrors the professional haunters conjure.  If you're looking for any kind of Haunt, try these websites:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment