Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hallowine


I live in Santa Barbara wine country just on the other side of the coastal mountains where cool nights and hot summer days make amazing wines.  But, alas, there are no Halloween or ghost wines here.  For that, I need to travel back to my home on the delta in Sacramento and Bogle Vineyards.

moved to Sacramento in the dead of Summer in 2002.  While living there, my husband and I stumbled on a winery with vineyards just on the opposite shore from our home on the southern delta - Bogle.  We fell in love with their wines, in fact, I have a bottle of their Old Vine Zin in the cabinet at home right now.  When Bogle released its Phantom blend our love of a good red and a bloody good Halloween party came together in one rapturous sip.

Nowadays, Bogle is widely available but no less tasty.  If you run across this gem in the store, do yourself a treat (no tricks here) and take it home.  For more information about where to buy Phantom, visit Bogle's website at www.boglewinery.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment